Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bikes, Blues & BBQ

This time of year we have so many events in our area.  It seems like every weekend something is going on.  This weekend was our 10th annual Bikes, Blues and BBQ weekend.  We have over 300,000, yes that's thousand, motorcycles of all kinds come to our area.  They started coming in last Wednesday, the 23rd and everything was over with late last night.  Southern Living was in town for the BBQ event.  I took some pictures but we did not get down to the main event because you couldn't hear with all of the motorcycles going down the streets and roads. 

Here is a motorcycle made out of parts of the State of Liberty when it was re-done several years ago.  We were very fortunate to have it on display in our small area of the country.  It is copper with lots of decorative painting on the back fender.  The sign about it did not come out very legible.












The stars and stripes are on the back fender of this motorcycle. It is really interesting to see. Orange County Choppers built it all.









Here are a few pictures of some of the motorcycles. There were so many more than this and this doesn't even do justice to all of them that were here. There were so many unique ones.




.

This is a brand new one that someone had chained to a tree.

There was also a car show going on and anyone that loves old cars, especially my son-in-law, you would have been in car heaven.  I wish he could have been here but he had to work and he and my daughter are planning on going to Wisconsin for Christmas so the are saving their money.  I have always wanted a Corvette.  I love fast cars but this is about a close to owning one that I will ever get and that is looking at them.





This is a true beauty.

My hubby is a Camaro person.  He would really like to have one of the new ones but looking at them is about as close to owning one of those is all we will get also.

Here is one that he really did like.



There was a great 1957 Chevrolet station wagon and many other 1957 Chevrolets also.  It was a great car show.  I wish I could have gotten better pictures of all of the bikes but oh the traffic and our roads aren't the greatest around any here anyway.  Too much traffic and not enough roads and also the battery in my camera was running down and did not do well.

Yesterday was my hubby's birthday so he enjoyed all of this and dreampt of younger days when he had his own 1968 gold Camaro with black racing stripes, a 4 speed and 4 barrell carburetor and he enjoyed it so much.  Why did he get rid of it?  Only he can answer that.  We weren't married at that time, just acquaintances.

That was our day yesterday.  I hope you enjoyed just a very brief glimpse of what is going on in our little neck of the woods.

I hope each and everyone of you have a great week.

Maxine


3 comments:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Boy, my hubby would have loved to be there! The motorcycle made from parts of the Statue of Liberty is awesome!

Hope you have a gret week!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Maxine my hubby and son would have been in their glory to see all that!! They love bikes!!! :0) Happy Birthday to your hubby glad he had a great day!! Have a wonderfully blessed week and thank you for all the love and support for my mom!! Take care!~Wendy

Gail said...

Amazing modes of transportation. I see you are a dog lover too.