Saturday, August 1, 2009

Furniture Made By My Dear Hubby

My hubby likes to build furniture and I am so fortunate that he likes to build them for me and our family. He has built many things for my mother and our daughter. Here are a few examples of what he has built for us.

This is a great toaster cover and it keeps the toaster out of site on the counter. See the pineapple next to it, that was made by Kath of The Old Weeping Cedar. She makes wonderful items. Hop on over to her blog and see her fabulous new kitchen.

Here is a coffee table he made for us out of scrap lumber. We had an old wooden box that we used for firewood in our other house. We couldn't use it in our present home so he made this and the tea cart out of the old wood. He also made the checkerboard and checkers sitting on top of it. I am wanting to paint the bottom half of the table black but it seems all men like wood and don't want it covered up. I am hoping to get the bottom half painted and primmed up. He is going to make me another checker board but that will be painted.



Here is the tea cart he built, complete with old wooden wheels. We were at a company that was going out of business and he spotted those wheels right off and I am so glad he did because they work beautifully. This cart also came out of the old wooden box that I mentioned above. The top is stenciled with Boston Coffee. I don't know if you can see it or not. This also has one of Kath's great pineapples displayed on it.




Here is a little carrier he made and it needs some TLC done to it. I have had it outside with flowers in it and I am going to repaint it and do some other things with it. I am wanting another one of these to do some other things with.


He is wanting to build us some Windsor chairs, but those will be painted black and made to look old.

I have a huge wish list so we'll see what I get so we'll see what gets done.

Enjoy and have a great weekend.

Maxine

1 comment:

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Hi Maxine!
I love all your pieces your hubby made. Wonderful craftsmanship!
I really like your game board he made.
Thanks for the mention :) I appreciate it!
hope you are havin a great week so far!
Hugs-Kath